It has been a long time since I have time to do any arts and crafts. As I was spring-cleaning my room, I found some old magazines and unused CDs. Instead of throwing them away, I decided to make something out of it, and a birthday gift for a friend would be the perfect reason for it.
Materials and tools I used include:
- 2 used CDs (one for the base and one for the top where I drilled holes to hang earrings)
- 1 toilet paper tube (to create the stand in the middle for bracelets)
- Old magazines (to make the base thicker and to decorate around the stand for bracelets)
- Black cardboard paper (to stick to one side of each CD)
- UHU glue
- Sharpie (to doodle on the CD)
This is relatively easy to do. The only thing I found quite difficult was drilling holes on the CD. The CD has two layers and while drilling, these two layers tend to split apart. The base took quite a long time to complete as I had to cut the magazines into strips and fold them before rolling them. As I was doing that, I realised it could be used as a coaster as well. This could be my next project since I still have tons of magazines at home.